To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining what makes you right for this role.
What you need to know about us
M&C Saatchi Performance is a global digital media agency, connecting brands to people. We deliver business growth for our clients through effective, measurable, and evolving digital media strategies.
What you will be responsible for
An Associate Director to lead and grow the newly created Los Angeles planning team. The successful candidate will work alongside the Director of Planning and Buying to develop and manage strategic performance campaigns for key clients, supporting a team of digital specialists.
The planning team is an extension of the clients’ marketing team. Through having an in-depth knowledge of the clients’ business challenges, combined with the ability to collaborate internally and leverage agency resources, the planning team is responsible for delivering business growth for our clients and the agency.
We are looking for an Associate Director who can drive agency growth, handle multiple clients and projects, and is able to be the lead across a variety of accounts and industry verticals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in digital media planning and client servicing, and a solid background in performance media. They will possess strong leadership skills and a passion for digital innovation, advertising, and technology.
- Oversee the client relationship across a growing portfolio of accounts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior clients, understand and effectively navigate their organizational structure and decision-making process
- Act as the planning team point of escalation for clients and internal stakeholders
- Have a deep understanding of the clients’ business and develop digital media strategies in order to drive desired business outcomes
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction and demonstrate accountability for account growth and retention
- Oversee the successful launch and ongoing execution of campaigns
- Oversee a team of junior and senior planners responsible for:
- Creating media plans and campaign-strategy documents
- Having an in-depth knowledge of all channels and capabilities
- Identifying the optimal channel mix in order to deliver upon clients’ KPIs
- Briefing channels against plans
- Building campaign and data strategies
- Analysing data to inform planning decisions
- Developing testing roadmaps and hypothesis led planning
- Forecasting performance
- Extracting audience insights using available tools and resources
- Driving and contributing to wider ad hoc strategic projects
- Setting all client meeting agendas and running weekly client calls, in-person meetings, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Oversee the team’s completion of client and internal deliverables and ensure all work leaving the agency is of a high standard
- Work closely with senior members of internal teams (creative, data, buying, search & social, etc.) to form an overall strategy, planning, and execution of campaigns
- Lead the development of client growth plans, including the identification of cross-selling & upselling opportunities in order to drive growth for the client and increase agency revenue
- Ensure the smooth onboarding of LA managed clients into the planning team
- Keep senior management up to date on client forecasting on a weekly basis and informed of any potential client issues and risks on an ongoing basis
- Act as team and client advocate, challenging junior team members to think beyond their day-to-day routine and helping to sell through innovative tactics to the client
- Accurately represent the clients’ point of view when reviewing work and providing feedback to direct reports and internal teams
- Develop the careers of a growing team of senior and junior planners
- Support business development team with pitching, RFPs, and case study development
- Act as an agency spokesperson and represent the company at industry events
What are the requirements of the role?
- Ideally 7+ years’ media planning experience across digital channels (including mobile) with an emphasis on client servicing and relationship management (media agency experience preferred)
- Up-to-date and maintaining knowledge of the ever-evolving digital media landscape
- Proven track record delivering on clients’ KPIs
- In-depth understanding of digital strategy and how it’s devised and executed across display, search, social, mobile and growing channels such as connected TV
- Highly numerate, very comfortable with data analysis with an eye for detail to identify client trends and opportunities
- Proven team management skills particularly in managing junior team members and progressing their careers
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), client-facing and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with senior clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent active listening skills and the ability to accurately interpret client needs
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to clearly communicate complex information and ideas
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self- starter, committed to achieving results
- Ability to problem solve and proactively seek solutions that improve team efficiency
What you can look forward to
- Conveniently located, dog-friendly offices
- Competitive salary and vacation allowance, including summer Fridays
- Full benefits, including 401K and company matching
- Complimentary snacks and coffee
- Monthly outings and weekly happy hours