Senior Planning Manager
To apply for this role, you must submit both a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter, please highlight any experience that demonstrates why you are suitable for the position.
We are a forward-thinking performance marketing agency, operating from nine offices on four continents. Our mobile-native legacy puts us leaps ahead in the hyperconnected age and our data-centric, ROI-positive approach, ensures we lead the industry.
What are we looking for?
This role sits within the planning team. The successful candidate will work alongside the Planning Director to help develop and manage strategic performance campaigns for key clients, supporting a team of digital specialists.
The planning team is an extension of the clients’ marketing team. Through having an in-depth knowledge of the clients’ business challenges, combined with the ability to collaborate internally and leverage agency resources, the planning team is responsible for delivering business growth for our clients and the agency.
We are looking for a Senior Planning Manager who can drive agency growth, handle multiple clients and projects, and is able to be the lead across a variety of accounts and industry verticals. You should have a keen eye for detail and be able to manage and train junior members of the team. The ideal candidate will be curious and enthusiastic, with a passion for digital innovation, advertising, and technology.
- Oversee the client relationship, advise on and influence the clients’ digital media strategy
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction that translates into account growth and retention
- Oversee the team’s completion of client and internal deliverables and ensure all work leaving the agency is of a high standard
- Own the account(s), including
- Having an in-depth knowledge of all channels and capabilities
- Identifying the optimal channel mix in order to deliver upon clients’ KPIs
- Briefing channels against plans
- Building campaign and data strategies
- Analysing data to inform planning decisions
- Developing testing roadmaps and hypothesis led planning
- Forecasting performance
- Audience insights using available tools and resources
- Owning the client growth plans and continuing to evolve growth opportunities and revenue
- Wider strategic projects
- Devise campaign-strategy documents, media plans, client quarterly business reviews and other client requested deliverables
- Lead campaign-performance decisions based on client data
- Keep department heads informed of client needs and oversee the successful launch and ongoing execution of all campaigns
- Act as team and client advocate, challenging junior team members to think beyond their day-to-day routine and helping to sell through innovative tactics to the client
- Work closely with internal and external wider teams (creative, data, buying, search & social etc.) to help form overall strategy, planning and execution of campaigns for our clients
- Help develop the careers of junior team members
- Assist the Planning Director with the strategic direction of the account(s)
- Assist on new business pitches
- Ideally 5+ years’ media planning experience across digital channels (including mobile) with an emphasis on client servicing and relationship management (media agency experience preferred)
- Up-to-date and maintained knowledge of the ever-evolving digital media landscape
- Proven track record delivering on clients’ KPIs
- In-depth understanding of digital strategy and how it’s devised and executed across display, search, social, mobile and growing channels such as connected TV
- Highly numerate, very comfortable with data analysis with an eye for detail to identify client trends and opportunities
- Proven team management skills particularly in managing junior team members and progressing their careers
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), client-facing and presentation skills
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self- starter, committed to achieving results
- Comfortable working with senior clients and team members
- Ability to problem solve and proactively seek solutions that improve team efficiency
What you can expect from working at M&C Saatchi Performance
- Conveniently-located, dog-friendly offices
- Competitive salary and vacation allowance, including summer Fridays
- Full benefits, including 401K and company matching
- Complimentary snacks and coffee
- Monthly outings and weekly happy hours