Senior Media Buyer
To apply for this role, you must submit both a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter, please highlight any experience that demonstrates why you are suitable for the position.
We are a forward-thinking performance marketing agency, operating from nine offices on four continents. Our mobile-native legacy puts us leaps ahead in the hyperconnected age and our data-centric, ROI-positive approach, ensures we lead the industry. This role will be within the Buying team, and you will work closely with the Supervisor to help support media buying, reporting and campaign maintenance for key clients.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Senior Media Buyer to join the agency’s buying team.
The buying team are responsible for implementing and delivering client campaigns as efficiently and effectively as possible through an in-depth understanding of the digital media market.
You’ll be working across the agency’s largest accounts and will make buying decisions in order to meet or exceed campaign goals. You’ll be managing all stages of the media buying process from campaign set up through to reporting and post-campaign analysis. The ideal candidate will be curious and enthusiastic, with a passion for digital innovation, advertising, data and technology.
Buying related tasks across client accounts including:
- Working collaboratively with all internal teams to successfully deliver digital media campaigns – teams include Planning, Search and Social, Programmatic, Data, Creative and Trading
- Managing campaign delivery and performance, from tracking set up through to reconciliation
- Overseeing the accurate reporting of campaigns through Microsoft Excel and other data visualization tools
- Generating actionable insights based on client reporting and knowledge of the market
- Understanding of client objectives and KPIs, optimize campaigns and make recommendations based on data-driven analysis
- Oversee the team’s day-to-day management of tech partners such as 3rd party measurement partners
- Contributing to client calls and in-person meetings and helping the Planning team with the preparation of client presentations (i.e. post-campaign analyses, quarterly business reviews etc.)
- Handling partner disputes with support from your manager and finding suitable resolutions when they do occur
- Keeping the Planning team informed of budget pacing and forecasting, proactively flag any concerns with pacing and/or meeting KPIs
- Participating in rate negotiations
- Keeping on top of industry trends and making recommendations for client testing within buying channels e.g. new ad networks, creative formats, buy models etc
- Overseeing the following day-to-day buying tasks on the account(s):
- The day-to-day communication and relationship building with media partners
- Following, and improving, processes to ensure smooth campaign delivery
- Analysing campaign data to make recommendations to external and internal partners
- Working with Ad Ops to deliver trafficking links
- Managing budgets and reallocations in collaboration with Planners
- Ensuring campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs
- Troubleshooting data discrepancies, tracking issues etc.
- Reconciling monthly campaign spends
- Ensure proper entries into the financial system, including reconciliations
- Training and supporting buyer/s and assistant buyer/s manage their workload
- A minimum of 3 years digital media experience, agency and performance media preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of the digital media landscape, especially mobile
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially with VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables in Excel
- Good knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Highly numerate and an ability to analyze results and derive insights from data
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and people skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with media partners, internal teams and clients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player and positive attitude
- A desire to work in fast-paced, quickly changing, technology-focused industry
- An appetite to further knowledge of digital media channels, particularly mobile
- Exudes entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience using Prisma preferred
What you can expect from working at M&C Saatchi Performance
- Conveniently located, dog-friendly offices
- Competitive salary and vacation allowance, including summer Fridays
- Full benefits, including 401K and company matching
- Complimentary snacks and coffee
- Monthly outings and weekly happy hours